Thursday, February 23, 2017

Flying Feces

"Splat."
Another pleasant surprise left for me to clean from my so-called friends.
"Oh buzz off pidgey, if you're gonna fly around and poop on the roof at least do it when I'm not here!"

I'm sitting on edge of the rooftop of the Victorian, l'm looking up at the stars as a group of 3 pigeons encircle my head. We've been friends since I was in middle school.

"Sorry Jackie! Duty calls!" the bird chirps
"Jackie you're a janitor! This is your job." another cries
"Don't worry pidgey, I'll be taking a load off in a minute! Besides, jackie sees junk 10 times the size of this everyday." the very plump third bird says

All the birds cackled with laughter

"Oh shut up will you?" I say, trying to hold back a smile.

I come up to the roof to clear my head and hear what the birds have to say but tonight they seemed to be a little preoccupied irritating me.

"I thought you guys were supposed to be helping me?" I say

The thin bird chirps in and says, "Jackie, whoever this Mr. jimmy jam james character is, he's the first guy to really seem to like you for who you are. You have to tell him about the accident with your mom or you'll never get any closer. You have to let him in."

The other birds chirp in agreement. Someone begins to fiddle with the door.
"Quick, scram you feathery fools! Someone is coming!" I cry.

The birds fly away and out of the door comes Mr. Carter James.
"Hhhh-h-hey" he stammers
He never seemed like the type of guy to get nervous.
"What are you doing here? How did you find me?" I say
"I asked the lady at the desk where I might find you, grumpy old thing that one is."
I let out a giggle and then pull myself together and remember I'm hesitant to let him get to know me. His dark brown skin bring out his white teeth, shining in the moonlight.
"What happened Jackie? I'm sorry if I did anything to upset you, I was just tr-"
"Stop. You don't have to apologize. I just...those train tracks. I should go" I say and make for the door.
"No please don't." Carter says
"You were already up here, I'll leave."
He begins to walk away.
"Wait." I say
He turns around
"Come sit down, I'll tell you everything."
He gleefully walks over and plops down on the edge of the roof. As he places his hand down he accidentally smears his palm with the lovely white present the birds left.
"AHH!" with a feminine scream, Carter jumps up and stumbles backwards, toppling off the roof.
"AHHHHHHHHHHH!" he cries
I gasp and then let out a sigh of frustration. I step out to the edge, take a breath and without hesitation jump, large white wings sprouting from my shoulders as I fall to save the damsel in distress.










No comments:

Post a Comment